Water is life.
As a city dweller I am sure you take water for granted. We barely need to think when we turn the taps on as water always flows out, fresh and clean.
The people who have the best access are the people who need to take better care of it. We need to educate our children so they are aware of where water comes from, where it goes after we have used it and who needs it apart from us!
Water wise activities:
- Look at some different ocean and river animals. How do they live in and around the water?
- Get outside and see where the pipes go after the water goes down the drain.
- Look at the different products that you use to wash your hands, wash the clothes, wash your hair. Read the ingredients and see how these might negatively effect the waterways.
- Find out where your water comes from – where is the local water tower, dam or river?
- It is a human right to have access to water. Where in the world do people not have access to water?
- Read some books that have water as a focal point such as:
All I want for Christmas is rain
[…] How to teach you child about the importance of water […]
[…] to investigate how much water you use and how much plastic is in your rubbish […]
[…] How can you take care of the waterways near you? […]
[…] How do your actions effect penguins? think about what you do that might effect their livelihood. Check out my water module […]