Did you know that even though rainforests only occupy around 7 percent of the entire Earth’s land surface they support over half of the globes plants, trees and wildlife?
Without rainforests we would not only lose this precious flora and fauna but the world as we know it would change dramatically.
Rainforests take in much of the world’s carbon and give us much of our oxygen, they hold much of the world’s rainfall and keep the soils nutrient rich and full of life.
Hopefully at home you are:
- Saying no to palm oil
- Buying wood products that are from sustainable sources.
- Buying any products that are environmentally friendly
- Educating those around you about the wonders of the rainforest so they can see what will happen if we sit back and do nothing.
And this is where the Global Guardian Junior comes into play
Recently the GGP have released a new set of modules aimed at younger readers and there families.
We have just delved into the Rainforest conservation unit and we loved it!
We learnt about
- Morpho butterflies and practiced drawing them.
- Read about sloths, drew them and wrote our own stories about the day we hung out with them!
- What palm oil is and where is can be hidden (My kids were disappointed they were in some lollies but yay for me!)
- Wrote down ideas on how we can be change makers.
This module is fantastic and so well set out for young children. There are colourful photographs, interactive activities, videos and a meditation – which is always a nice way to finish off learning.
When we live in a world far removed from these intriguing places it is important to find informative sources that really give children an insight into what life is like there and how they can make a difference from their home.
Why don’t you give it a try today with my discount code: GGPVANESSA?
Check out these articles and websites: