Amid the worries and shut downs of nearly everything due to COVID19, many authors and illustrators have banded together to bring books to all children via online measures.
Please use these wonderful resources to share more books with your children, see authors in action and feel the joy that books can bring.
Email me if you have one: firstname.lastname@example.org AND join my email list today for regular updates, teaching tips and book reviews
Here is my list – it will be added to each day!
Download Instagram TV – Timothy Knapman (timothymknapman) is sharing his wonderful picture books and I am giving out some great advice too (educateempower), Read with Mrs.Javen, Sandra Dieckmann
Suzi Faed has a marvellous book – reviewed here and she is reading it here on her you tube channel:
Megan Forward and Dannika Patterson will be sharing their new book, Scribbly Gum Secrets on April 1st on Facebook – they are both wonderful so I can’t wait to see this book too! https://www.facebook.com/events/270042453986952/
Patrick Shirvington sharing how he creates his illustrations for the picture books he is asked to work with: https://vimeo.com/user2448386
Talu Tales have a great You tube channel with some amazing books being read . Channel can be accessed here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDSM2ocoZABaTgJoL4zB6wA
Kate Dani reads lots of books – check her out on her You tube channel.
Megan Higginson reads Raymond and the Fear Monster – see my teacher notes and review
- Sarina Dickson reads a short novel via her website. Themes of this book: learning difficulties, communication, working as a family and anxiety https://www.theworrybug.co.nz/rising-tide.html
- Oliver Jeffers – Every weekday 6pmGMT : https://www.oliverjeffers.com/books#/abookaday/
- Great downloadable and videos for kids by Hazel Edwards – author of ‘There’s a hippopotamuson my roof eating cake!’ https://www.hazeledwards.com/hazels-videos.html
- International read to me day. This great You tube channel has a few picture books up online for children to enjoy. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC35wcT2zzMLJI3cCugsyezQ
- Michelle Worthington reads The Wind and The Mouse – Sensory Friendly Animation.
Libby Hathorn is reading poetry live on her Facebook page – just search Libby Hathorn and you can show your kids! http://libbyhathorn.com/resources/free-teacher-notes/
Amelia McInerney is reading her book LIVE on Instagram 11am Wednesday 25th March. Check her instagram profile out.
EK Books have some fantastic picture books and great free resources: https://ekbooks.org/teacher-notes/
Check out www.romisharp.wordpress.com/teaching-notes for some great literacy resources too!
Join my facebook page – https://www.facebook.com/educateempower11/ AND https://www.facebook.com/groups/sociallyconsciouschildren/