We’ve had a lot of laughs whilst reading ‘Yours troolie, Alice Toolie ’ by @katejoltemple
You don’t need to have met either character before to enjoy the conversation between two classmates who have been made to write letters to each other because of a huge fight they had.
Letter writing between two enemies could not get any better!
The format of this story is fun – the font, the doodles on each letter entry and the honesty of how kids really see the world.
Letter writing may even make a comeback….you never know.
A great book to read and an even better book to use in the classroom to instigate some fun letter writing!
What can you do with this book?
- Write some letters between classmates or friends. You can use the post and integrate learning about the Australian postal system or just post the letters in a made up box in the classroom.
- Investigate the best way to capture and store a ghost. Compare this to the method Alice and Jimmy used. Which way is better?
- Learn about where and why emoji’s were invented. Create some that you think may be needed in the future.
- What is eco glitter? Create a list of all the things you love using that are not so eco-friendly. Are their alternative products out there that will not harm the environment?
- Do you think another letter writing book could come out of this one? Write down some future ideas for Alice and Jimmy if there was to be a second book (it may not be letter writing – could it be something else?)