‘When I open a book, it opens a whole new world’
This time they are off to the library to explore new worlds, learn new facts and find comfort when life in the playground gets tough.
Liv loves going to school and has lots of friends – but we all know the playground can get busy and friends can get lost or want to play different things.
It is the day for Liv not to have anyone to play with but luckily the school library is open and within that space she can find comfort, new information and so many new worlds.
School libraries are such important parts of schools and it is so sad that so many schools are getting rid of these precious places.
Liv tells the reader about new worlds she discovers, new insects she never knew about and new ways to play with friends – and she shows us that reading with a friend can even be more fun!
Elizabeth Grocery writes these books with so much engagement within the writing and the illustrations. Children will get so much out of these books – friendships, self confidence and courage.
Young artists can admire the simple colour scheme used throughout the novel and take note of the wonderful books they can see Liv and Bowie reading.
The Liv on Life books are written by Elizabeth Gorcey but inspired by her young daughter – Liv and her amazement at the world.
So what else can you do with this book?
- Visit the library and borrow some books – of course!
- Create your own home library by ordering them into categories, authors or colours! Create some library cards for others to borrow or swap books with you and your library.
- Explore all the different things you can do at school if your friends are doing something else.
- Make a list of your friends and the things you like to learn about together.
- Make time to read every day
- Check out the other books in the Liv on Life series