Sometimes it’s the little people that make the biggest difference in our world.
In this colourful picture book we meet Poppy and her friends – Dandy, Bluebell and Buttercup.
They love playing outside but one day they realise that there is a park nearby that has lost it’s love, lost its colour and lost it’s joy.
And even though they are small and the park is big, they know that with a lot of teamwork and determination they can make a huge difference to the world they live in.
The pages are bursting with colour and the feeling of life, love and friendship all throughout the story. The story is filled with determination and one which will encourage any young listener to believe that they can make a difference.
Do you have a little changemaker?
Do you encourage your little changemaker to make a difference in the world they live in?
Children are willing to care for the world they live in and with a little bit of help in the right direction they will make a difference.
Take the time to make some positive changes in your world and do it alongside the smaller people in your life so that they grow up knowing that they can act and make a difference.
- Let them pack their own lunchbox – plastic free!
- Learn about where electricity comes from so they can turn off the lights.
- Read the labels of soap bottles and wonder if we really should be putting it down the drain.
- Look at the food you buy and where it comes from, what it is packaged in and the additives. Think about alternatives together.
- Go to a local park and pick up rubbish, plant a tree or scatter some seeds.
- Write to local politicians – show children that they have a voice too.