Have you been on a trip to the city lately?
Perhaps it is too far away or too busy for you?
Perhaps just for now you can curl up on your lounge and visit it from there!
A small , simple and sturdy board book, ‘In the city I see’ will amaze young readers with the vibrant colours on each page that help to add more detail to the simple descriptions.
As you travel through this story you might see hungry pigeons or colourful markets and as you read each of these pages you can talk to your child about the colours they can see, the faces on the people and the different details Tori-Jay has added.
So what else can you do with this story as you read or after you have read it?
- Point out the different colours, name and ask what they are.
- How are the different people in the book feeling on the various pages?
- Who lives in the city?
- Why are pigeons hungry in the city?
- Which flags are flying from the tall buildings?
- Which show is being advertised on the sign? Check out this video here
- Visit the city with a camera and an agenda. Choose some places that you can get to by walking or bus and check out places that are child-friendly. A day out in the city is a great way to spend some time!