Christmas is a time of giving and there are so many ‘things’ to give people that involve plastic and waste.
We decided that instead of buying our friends different presents, we could make our own.
Bath bombs were high on the list after being given some last year and we found out that they are quite easy to make.
HOMEMADE BATH BOMBS
1 1/2 cups bicarbonate of soda
1/2 cup citric acid powder (We bought ours from Aussie Soap Supplies)
- Food colouring
- Lavender oil
- Sparkles, potpurri (anything to add some surprise to the bath!)
- Coconut oil
- Silicon moulds.
- Line silicon moulds with small amount of coconut oil.
- Mix Bicarb soda and citric acid powder in a separate bowl.
- In another bowl add your food colouring.
- Use half a cup of the powder mixture and add to the food colouring – make sure you stir quickly so it does not fizz!
- Add a couple of drops of lavender oil
- Add a large teaspoon of coconut oil.
- Mix together with your hands until you can scrunch the mixture and it sticks together.
- Add sparkles etc.
- Place the mixture into a mould and leave for 36 hours.