Home made Advent Calendars
Temptation abounds in supermarkets with the chocolate advent calendars in store!
BUT – you can avoid these additive fuelled, sugar infused and terrible tasting calendars for your own, homemade thoughtful one!
The one pictured above was made by my 5 year old. She copied the numbers down onto each envelope and clipped them to a piece of string.
We then wrote one activity down on a piece of scrap paper and placed it into each envelope.
- Go for a bushwalk
- Made a seed bell for the backyard chooks
- Have a dance off
- donate a present to a giving tree
- Plant some summer seeds
- Write someone a letter and post it.
- Bake a cake
- Go and visit your next door neighbours with a Christmas card.
- Create a new game to play outside.
There are so many options here – so have fun creating your own!
We also created our own chocolates which will be kept in the fridge and eaten each day!
- One block of dark chocolate
- One bowl of Sprinkles
- Melt the chocolate using the double boiler method.
- Spoon the chocolate into moulds
- Place sprinkles over the top!
- Place in fridge over night.