Imagine by Alison Lester
The two main characters explore different places animals live in the world through their imagination.
Imagine brings to life unknown animals, unknown areas of the world and most importantly how we can learn through play and imagination.
We loved reading through the different animal names which bordered each page and I even had to research a few!
This book opened us up to many things and it can for you too.
- Which animals live in more than one type of habitat?
- How can animals live in certain habitats. List how different animals can live in each area. (Look at them and see how they have adapted to that climate)
- If you could live in one of these pictures, which one would you live in?
- Ask: Would you like to research one of these animals? Perhaps one we don’t know much about! My son wanted to know why the whale in the picture was so small so we looked at some videos on line. We found a really moving one, quite apt for this blog. I found it quite sad to watch but all was well in the end and we saw some magnificent whale breaches. Here it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcXU7G6zhjU
- Find the similarities and difference between two habitats of choice.
- Find the similarities and differences between at least two animals of choice.
- Can you imagine one animal moving to a different habitat? What would it have to change to survive?