Quick reading out loud tips
Whenever you start any book with your child:
- Look at the front cover and ask…I wonder what this book could be about – draw ideas from the pictures. Read the title and draw ideas from this. Encourage creative thinking – no wrong answers!
- Read the authors name and illustrators name. Discuss what they are.
- Look at the spine – Note the title and author is here and this is how we easily find books on the book shelf.
- Back cover – this will give us more ideas about what the book is about so read the blurb, look at the pictures and read any reviews that others have given.
- More detail – discuss what a barcode is, an ISBN number and the price!
- This will all encourage creative thinking in your child. Encourage any responses – no one can be incorrect from a guess!